People are increasingly supporting patients, families and staff through the Harrogate Hospital & Community Charity, making a positive impact and changing lives for the better. Here are a few wonderful examples:
- You funded a transport incubator for our Special Care Baby Unit, enabling critically ill babies to be moved safely between hospitals and wards.
- Money raised by you, funds our complementary Therapy Service for cancer patients within the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Cancer Centre.
- Your generosity has enabled us to fund a refurbishment of our Paediatric Outpatient Department, increasing the number of children we can treat and making the environment much more child friendly.
- You have enabled staff in key positions to attend specific training such as Advanced Communication Skills, over and above that offered through the NHS
- In addition, a significant appeal has allowed us to purchase a new Gamma Scanner for Harrogate and District Hospital. This will be able to quickly diagnose patients of all ages affected by cancer, heart conditions, arthritis, respiratory issues, hormone and neurological problems including Parkinson’s.