All of our roles are non-clinical, the majority of which are patient-facing and all focus on enhancing patient experience by supporting our patients, their families and staff.
We recognise the valuable life experiences, skills and qualities that volunteers bring to the roles they support. Our volunteers compliment the work of our paid staff. Our vision is to be the best place to volunteer; growing our volunteer team and continuing to represent the diversity of the communities we support. Everybody has something unique to offer and here at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we want to enable you to find your perfect role.
Below is a list of the different volunteer roles we offer. However, new opportunities arise all the time and availability of our volunteer roles varies:
- Breast Feeding Peer Support (North East only)
- ED Waiting Room Volunteer (Over 18’s only)
- Harrogate Hospital & Community Charity
- Harrogate Hospital Radio (Find out more here)
- Meet, Greet and Guide
- Meal Ordering and Delivering
- Meal Time
- Radiology Escort
- Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre
- Staff Store
- Patient and Carer Reader Group (Home based)
- Pharmacy Runner
- Phlebotomy Administrator (Harrogate Hospital and Knaresborough sites)
- Ward Visitor
Please note some of our volunteering opportunities require additional training.