Updated 09 August 2021
This Online Donation Page is owned and provided by Harrogate Hospital & Community Charity (“we”, “our” or “HHCC”) and allows users to raise funds for, and to give donations to, HHCC. It cannot be used in connection with any other charity, or for any other charitable cause or purpose. The use of this Platform is subject to the rules below. The Terms may be amended from time to time, so you should check them regularly for any changes.
Use of Donations
1. When setting up a virtual donation page, users may be given the option of: setting a fundraising “target”, which will be visible to anyone visiting that page. Please note, however, that once we have processed and confirmed receipt of a donation this money will be treated as cleared funds in HHCC account, whether the target is ultimately achieved or no
2. Please note that charities (including HHCC) are only legally permitted to return donations in very limited circumstances e.g. where the donor lacks mental capacity. We therefore ask that you take care when entering your details when making a donation, as we may be unable to provide any refund once your payment has been processed. We do not charge a fee for processing refunds.
1. If you are a UK taxpayer you are encouraged to claim Gift Aid when donating your own money to your fundraising page by completing the Gift Aid declaration when making your donation
2. If you pay in money to your donation page other than money you are donating to HHCC personally (e.g. cash from collections, family members, ticket sales and any activity where you get something in return for yo money) you cannot claim Gift Ai
3. Gift Aid can be claimed on individual donations that are made to HHCC offline. To claim Gift Aid eac individual making a donation must complete a Gift Aid declaration confirming that they are a UK taxpayer and provide his/her/their name and address including postcode. A Gift Aid Form can be downloaded here.
Use of Virtual Donation Pages
1. If you are creating a virtual donation page and would like to upload photos to it, please ensure that you ar either the owner of the copyright in the photo, or you have the permission of the person who is. Similarly, if the image and/or text you would like to post features the name and/or likeness of any living person, especially where he/she has been diagnosed with a medical condition, you must get his/her/their consent before you do this. If the image and/or text you would like to post features the name and/or likeness of any person who has died, please get consent from a member of their family before you do this
2. We welcome and encourage users to customise messages on virtual donation pages, and to leave comments when making donations. However, racist, sexist, obscene, defamatory, misleading or otherwise offensive or upsetting language and/or content is not permitted
3.The following uses of this Platform are also prohibited
- Posting or uploading any content or material that infringes someone else’s intellectual property or other legal rights, unless you have obtained the owner or relevant person’s consent first
- Running any form of prize draw, competition or lottery (including raffles), or offering any form of incentive to encourage people to donate through their fundraising page
- Carrying out or encouraging any illegal or unlawful acts
- Sending junk or “spam” communications, or any other form of messaging or content for promotional or commercial purposes
4. HHCC is not responsible for the contents of any virtual donation page on this Platform, nor do we necessarily endorse the fundraising activities referred to on any page. If and when we become aware that a user has breached any of the terms of this section above, we reserve the right to edit or remove the offendin message(s) and/or content, or to close the relevant page, without further notice at our sole discretion. Please note that donations will not be refunded in these circumstances.
5. Virtual donation pages will remain open, and donations can be made through them, unless and until they are deleted or closed by the page owner
1. As access to all open donation pages on this Platform is unrestricted, and can therefore be seen by anyone, we advise users to avoid posting personal information about themselves or someone else (e.g. addresses, telephone numbers) when writing on a virtual donation page
1. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that this Platform is available at all times, circumstances outside of our control mean that we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. Similarly, there may be occasions when we have to carry out maintenance or other work on this Platform which may affect its functionality, or we may have to suspend this Platform altogether, but we shall try and keep this to a minimum
2. In the event that any user breaches Terms, we reserve the right to close their donation page (if applicable) and to prevent them from using this Platform in future. Please note that any donations received will not be refunded in these circumstances
3. If you have any queries about the use of this Platform, wish to report any content or material that you believe is in breach Terms, or to request a refund please contact email@example.com.