The Harrogate Hospital & Community Charity (HHCC) and Volunteer Team are excited to share with you the next opportunity in our Stepping up for HHCC challenges. Whilst marking the amazing work of our Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust (HDFT) and Harrogate Integrated Facilities (HIF) Ltd colleagues we are celebrating the collective success of #teamHDFT. This Autumn we’re inviting you to join us in stepping outside the box and try something new for 66 days, your way!
Research shows that it takes on average 66 days to break a habit, so why not take the opportunity to create a new habit in your chosen 66 days (or longer) throughout Autumn 2021. Whilst stepping up for HHCC we challenge you to get creative with collecting your Kilometres, try a new form of physical activity and break a sweat by taking the next step.
As an organisation, we serve a population of 2,637,979 in our Hospital and Community based services. We are continuing our challenge of Stepping up as a community to cover this distance in Kilometres. You can collectively add to this epic target through walking, kayaking, running, swimming, cycling, horse riding or any other physical activity covering this distance.
We are really excited to hear what you have planned. Don’t wait for the New Year to make a change, start our 66 days challenge today and support your local NHS, your way.
For our Stepping Up for HHCC – ‘66 days your way’ challenge, there is a sign-up donation of £20, for which you will receive your own Stepping up for HHCC T-shirt (if you haven’t already got one), top tips on how to fundraise and a bespoke medal. You will also receive access to our exclusive virtual support groups, Stepping up for HHCC Facebook Group, and Strava Group. The money raised through this challenge will benefit patients, staff and families across the HDFT footprint.
You may also wish to fundraise for this exciting event via our fundraising platform. We have fundraising guidance which will be shared with you with hints and tips to get your friends, colleagues and family involved in your step challenge.
This challenge is for everyone, individually or as a Team event. If you wish to form a Team to participate, all you need to do is:
- Sign up individually
- Identify a team captain
- Agree upon a team name
- Advise the HHCC Team so the team can be added to our team leader board
You can count any form of physical activity that covers distance, with every kilometre counting. You can share your progress on our dedicated Stepping up for HHCC Facebook and Strava group. Your distance covered should be emailed to the HHCC Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add this to our totaliser and Team leader board which will be shared on a weekly basis.
Why you should join our challenge
- Health & Wellbeing benefits – join our Autumn Challengers and boost your fitness and emotional wellbeing in the run-up to winter
- Support your local NHS – the NHS has never been more needed. Here is a safe way to raise money
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of HDFT and the population who access our services and see if we can collectively match that number in kilometres
- Responsible for tracking your own kilometres
- Adhere by social distancing and government guidelines
- Encourage you friends, family and colleagues to get involved!
- You don’t have to fundraise, but we would love for you to get involved and help us raise more money for HHCC to make life changing differences
- Have FUN!
Sign Up Now by completing our booking form
If you have any questions, please get in touch
Harrogate Hospital & Community Charity